First of all, Happy New Year and I hope this year is amazing and full of happiness for you!
2018, in terms of a reading year was just flat out sad for me. While in 2017, I’d outread my goodreads challenge by reading 64 books, in 2018 I only read 21 books out of the 40 promised. I was in some sort of a weird book slump for the latter half of the year and sadly, prioritized bullshit social media and Netflix over reading. I’ve even hugely disappeared from the blog because of the lack of inspiration to read and review.
But I have promised myself to read more and review more in 2019 and I am hugely excited to actually read these books from 2018,
– The Dark Artifices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare
– Verity by Colleen Hoover
– Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor ( an actual shame that I still haven’t read it because Strange The Dreamer is one of my top favorites)
– The Villains series by V E Schwab
– The Labyrinth of The Spirits by Carlos Zafon
And while it comes to 2019 releases I can’t wait for,
– King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo
– The Kiss Thief by L J Shen
– We Shouldn’t by Vi Keeland
– The Risk by Elle Kennedy
– Boss by Katy Evans
– Darkdawn by Jay Kristoff
And basically a whole lot of more romance novels by some of my favorite authors.
– I’m also really looking forward to reading The Black Mirror book! I freaking love that show and I cannot wait to read what went behind it. But I hope to buy the book so it’s going to take a while- but we’ll get there!
– Also, all the Bob Mayer books- especially Area 51 sound so interesting and I really want to start them. Which is the best book to start with?
What are some of the books that you’re looking forward to reading?